BURST’S AMBASSADOR PROMOTIONAL PROGRAM TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated Effective: December 30, 2019
Subject to these Ambassador Promotional Program Terms and Conditions (“Ambassador Terms”), the BURST Ambassador Promotional Program (the “Program”) operated by Burst USA Inc. (“BURST”) offers registered BURST users (each referred to herein as a “BURST Ambassador” or “you”), including dental professionals, and qualifying dental offices (each, a “Dental Office”) the opportunity to refer its patients or friends (each, a “Referred Patient” or “Referred Friend”) and earn points for certain promotional activities that the BURST Ambassador can redeem for BURST products and/or other rewards (“Crowns”). These Crowns may be earned by (i) successfully recommending BURST products (each, a “Qualifying Product”) to Referred Patients or Referred Friends who purchase such products through an active personalized code (“Personal Code”); (ii) inviting colleagues to register with BURST; (iii) engaging with BURST through certain activities on social media and/or the BURST application (“BURST App”); and (iv) ranking high on the BURST application for successful recommendations; (v) purchasing certain BURST products (each, a “Qualifying Purchase”); and (vi) participating in certain promotional activities, like posting about BURST or BURST products on social media and tagging and/or mentioning BURST.
By (i) sharing a Personal Code issued through the Program, clicking a button or taking another action to signify your acceptance of these Ambassador Terms, (ii) participating in the Program, or (iii) claiming or accepting any benefits from the Program, including Crowns or any resulting redeemed products and/or rewards, you accept these Ambassador Terms and all terms incorporated by reference as described below. If you do not agree to be bound by these Ambassador Terms, you may not participate in the Program.
The BURST Ambassador Promotional Program Policies and Procedures available at https://www.BURSToralcare.com/promotional/terms-of-use, are hereby incorporated into these Ambassador Terms.
Participation in the Program, including opportunities to share a Personal Code, earn Crowns for promotional activities, and redeem Crowns for products and/or rewards, is made available by BURST at BURST’s sole discretion and is subject to your compliance with these Ambassador Terms. BURST MAY LIMIT, SUSPEND, MODIFY, OR TERMINATE THE PROGRAM AND/OR YOUR ABILITY TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PROGRAM IN ITS SOLE AND ABSOLUTE DISCRETION AT ANY TIME WITH OR WITHOUT PRIOR NOTICE TO YOU.
Eligibility to participate in the Program is open only to individuals, including dental professionals, who are legal residents of the United States, including the District of Columbia, and Canada who are at least 18 years of age at the time of participation. However, the Program is not open to certain dental professionals that practice in one of the following territories or provinces of Canada: British Columbia, Manitoba, Ontario, or Saskatchewan.
If you are a participating dental professional, you are solely responsible for making any disclosures you are required to make to those clients or patients that are Referred Patients pursuant to the laws and regulations applicable in the jurisdiction in which you practice. All BURST Ambassadors, whether or not dental professionals, agree not to make any false or misleading statements about the Products and to comply with all laws, rules, regulations, and industry best practices (including, as applicable, the Canadian Dental Hygienists Association Code of Ethics and any other professional responsibility obligations) applicable to your advertisement and promotion of BURST products, and participation in the Program. For example, your obligations may include, but not be limited to:
- United States Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador residing in the United States, you agree that any and all digital and/or social media postings, text and email messages, and all other communications or statements (each, a “Communication”) effected by or on behalf of you in connection with your promotion of BURST and BURST products will comply with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and guidelines (including without limitation, the federal Telephone Consumer Protection Act, 47 U.S.C. section 227 et. seq, the federal CAN-SPAM Act, 15 U.S.C. sections 7701-7713, and the Federal Trade Commission’s Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising, 16 CFR part 255 (https://www.ftc.gov/sites/default/files/attachments/press-releases/ftc-publishes-final-guides-governing-endorsements-testimonials/091005revisedendorsementguides.pdf), as well as the rules, regulations and policies of each applicable digital and/or social media platform. Without limiting the generality of the foregoing, each Communication shall be preceded with (i) a clear and conspicuous disclosure of the nature of your Ambassador relationship with BURST and that you receive products and/or rewards in exchange for your endorsement of BURST; or (ii) if the posting is a social media posting, either the disclosure in the foregoing clause (i) or “#ad,” #BURSTUSASponsored,” “BURST_ambassador” or other such hashtags as may be required by BURST’s sponsorship or endorsement posting guidelines as may be provided by BURST from time to time. You agree to promptly edit any posts as may be requested by us.
- Alberta Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing in Alberta, Canada, you must disclose to all Referred Friends and potential Referred Friends your relationship with us and the fact that you are receiving a reward in exchange for your endorsement of certain BURST products.
- British Columbia Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing as a dentist, dental therapist or dental assistant, you may not engage in any advertising or promotional activities that are false, misleading, materially inaccurate, unverifiable, likely to create unrealistic expectations or appeal to fears about dental treatment; you also may not provide any incentive (e.g., free or discounted procedure or reward for any particular procedure) to patients to seek or obtain unnecessary procedures. If you are practicing as a dental hygienist in British Columbia, Canada, you may not participate in the Program.
- New Brunswick Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing in New Brunswick, Canada, you have a fiduciary obligation to your clients and patients to place their interests above your personal interest.
- Nova Scotia Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing in Nova Scotia, Canada, you may only provide services that you believe are necessary for a client’s oral health, and any advertising of the Products must be accurate, capable of being proven, directed to the general public and relevant to the public’s ability to make informed choices. Further, you have a fiduciary obligation to your clients and patients to place their interests above your personal interest.
- Ontario Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing as a dentist in Ontario, Canada, you may not disseminate any advertisement that: (i) demeans the integrity or dignity of the profession or brings the profession into disrepute; (ii) is false, misleading, fraudulent, deceptive, ambiguous, or confusing or likely to mislead or deceive the public; or (iii) is likely to create expectations of favorable results or appeal to the public’s fears. If you are practicing as a dental hygienist in Ontario, Canada, you may not participate in the Program.
- Prince Edward Island Professionals: If you are a BURST Ambassador practicing in Prince Edward Island, Canada, you may not announce or advertise the fact that you are a practicing dental hygienist in any marketing, promotion, or endorsement of certain BURST products, including via social media.
The following individuals are also excluded from eligibility to participate in the Program: the immediate family members of the officers, directors, employees, agents, and representatives (collectively, “Personnel”) of BURST and/or its corporate parents, subsidiaries, and affiliated companies (i.e., spouses, parents, children, siblings and the “steps” of each) and all other persons living in the same households as Personnel. You may only participate in the Program through your use of a single BURST account. You are responsible for all uses of your BURST account and for maintaining the currency and accuracy of the e-mail address and any other contact information stored in your account. The creation or use of multiple accounts, e-mail addresses, online identities or aliases to circumvent the single-account restriction or any other requirement or limitation specified in these Ambassador Terms is prohibited and may result in your exclusion from the Program and the cancellation of all related Personal Codes and Crowns. BURST may, in its sole discretion, suspend, cancel or combine any accounts that appear to be duplicative. BURST is not liable for Crowns sent to suspended or terminated or inaccurately entered e-mail addresses.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL CODE
When sharing your Personal Code, you agree that you will always tell your Referred Patients or Referred Friends that you will receive a reward from BURST if they make a Qualifying Purchase using your code.
Your Referred Patients or Referred Friends must enter your Personal Code while making a Qualifying Purchase or purchasing a Qualifying Product. If a Referred Patient or Referred Friend does not enter your Personal Code while making a Qualifying Purchase or purchasing a Qualifying Product, you will not receive any Crowns because BURST cannot reliably determine that the Referred Patient or Referred Friend’s purchase resulted from your referral.
You may not post or promote your Personal Code on BURST’s social media pages or on coupon sites or other websites created to take advantage of referral traffic generated from individuals searching for coupons, as determined by BURST in its sole discretion. Any distribution of your Personal Code that could constitute "spam" under any applicable law or regulation is expressly prohibited. BURST reserves the right to deactivate any Personal Codes distributed through unauthorized channels and to revoke all related Crowns.
BURST reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to deactivate any Personal Code (and void all associated Crowns) which it deems, in its sole discretion, to be used in violation of these Ambassador Terms or in association with content that BURST deems offensive or inappropriate in its sole discretion. Without limiting the foregoing, such content includes all forms of pornography, obscenity, indecent language and content that incites hate, is demeaning, disparages or damages the goodwill, reputation, or brand image of BURST, incites or endorses discrimination in any form or includes false, misleading or unsubstantiated claims about BURST products or any competitive products.
Every time a BURST Ambassador recommends a Qualifying Product to a Referred Patient or a Referred Friend, that recommendation will be “successful” when a Referred Patient or Referred Friend completes a purchase of that Qualifying Product using the BURST Ambassador’s Personal Code.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends toothpaste to a Referred Patient, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends whitening strips, whether a one-time purchase or a subscription, to a Referred Patient or Referred Friend, the BURST Ambassador will earn three (3) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends the travel case to a Referred Patient, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends a toothbrush using a Personal Code to a Referred Patient or Referred Friend, the BURST Ambassador will earn ten (10) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends the gift pack to a Referred Patient or Referred Friend, the BURST Ambassador will earn thirteen (13) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends the Rose Gold toothbrush to a Referred Patient or Referred Friend, the BURST Ambassador will earn eleven (11) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends the Rose Gold gift pack to a Referred Patient or Referred Friend, the BURST Ambassador will earn fourteen (14) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador successfully recommends floss to a Referred Patient, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
Invites and Registrations
On certain occasions where a BURST Ambassador invites Referring Patients to register for BURST, and where Referring Patients may register for BURST as a result of such invites, a BURST Ambassador may be eligible for Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador invites a colleague to join BURST as an ambassador, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- When a BURST Ambassador invites a colleague to join BURST as an ambassador and that colleague signs up to be a BURST ambassador, the BURST Ambassador will earn five (5) Crowns. You are limited two (2) Crown awards for two (2) invitations per week to colleagues.
- When a Dental Office lists a BURST Ambassador as the referring dental professional to the Dental Office when it enrolls, the BURST Ambassador will earn ten (10) Crowns.
Engagement with BURST App
On certain occasions where a BURST Ambassador uses the BURST App, leaves a review, or attends live BURST events, a BURST Ambassador may be eligible for the following Crowns, subject to BURST’s right to request supporting documentation evidencing such engagement.
- When a BURST Ambassador uses the BURST App to send a Referred Patient a recommendation, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- When a BURST Ambassador posts a link from the BURST App onto its social media accounts, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown. The maximum number of Crowns that can be earned for this activity per week is four (4) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador leaves a review for the whitening strips on the BURST website, the BURST Ambassador will earn three (3) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador comments in the BURST App’s activity monitor for the first time, the BURST Ambassador will earn five (5) bonus Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador connects its bank account via Stripe, the BURST Ambassador will earn five (5) Crowns.
Rankings on the BURST App
The BURST App shows what each BURST Ambassador’s rank is within the entire country based on the BURST Ambassador’s number of successful recommendations. When a BURST Ambassador is ranked at a certain level for a specific period of time, a BURST Ambassador may be eligible for Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador ranks in the Top 50 for a consecutive seven (7) day period, beginning on a Sunday, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) bonus Crown.
- When a BURST Ambassador ranks in the Top 25 for a consecutive seven (7) day period, beginning on a Sunday, the BURST Ambassador will earn two (2) bonus Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador ranks in the Top 10 for a consecutive seven (7) day period, beginning on a Sunday, the BURST Ambassador will earn three (3) bonus Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador ranks in the Top 10 for an entire calendar month, the BURST Ambassador will earn ten (10) bonus Crowns.
For certain Qualified Purchases by a BURST Ambassador or its Referred Patients or Referred Friends, a BURST Ambassador may be eligible for Crowns.
- For a period of two (2) years commencing from the date of initial toothbrush purchase or otherwise created subscription, when a BURST Ambassador or Referred Patient receives a paid replacement toothbrush head as a result of its subscription, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- For a period of two (2) years commencing from the date of initial toothpaste subscription creation, when a BURST Ambassador or Referred Patient receives a toothpaste as a result of its subscription, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
- For a period of two (2) years commencing from the date of initial whitening strips subscription creation, when a BURST Ambassador or Referred Patient receives a whitening strips as a result of its subscription, the BURST Ambassador will earn three (3) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador or a Referred Patient purchase a BURST T-shirt using a BURST Ambassador’s Personal Code, the BURST Ambassador will earn two (2) Crowns.
- When a BURST Ambassador uses the HYGN code to purchase a demo toothbrush for $20, the BURST Ambassador will earn five (5) Crowns.
- For a period of two (2) years commencing from the date of initial floss subscription creation, when a BURST Ambassador or Referred Patient receives a floss as a result of its subscription, the BURST Ambassador will earn one (1) Crown.
However, any purchases by Referred Patients or Referred Friends who have previously made a purchase from BURST.com under any name, account, e-mail address, or alias do not count as Qualifying Purchases and will not help you earn Crowns. Any Crowns issued in circumstances in which they would be invalid pursuant to these Terms are void.
RETAIL SALES AND GIFTING PROGRAM
Dental Offices will be able to make bulk purchases of BURST products as part of the Retail Sales and Gifting Program. Dental Offices may choose to either gift products to patients or sell them within certain pricing parameters provided by BURST, available at https://www.burstoralcare.com/user/office-recommendation. Orders are subject to minimum quantities per order.
- For each black, white, or rose gold toothbrush purchased, the Dental Office will earn one (1) Crown. For every fifty (50) black or white brushes purchased per order, Dental Office will earn an additional ten (10) Crowns.
- For each ten (10) packs of whitening strips purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn five (5) Crowns. For every fifty (50) packs of whitening strips purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn an additional five (5) Crowns.
- For each ten (10) tubes of toothpaste purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn three (3) Crowns. For every fifty (50) tubes of toothpaste purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn an additional three (3) Crowns.
- For each ten (10) travel cases purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn three (3) Crowns. For every fifty (50) travel cases purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn an additional three (3) Crowns.
- For each ten (10) floss packs purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn three (3) Crowns. For every fifty (50) floss packs purchased per order, the Dental Office will earn an additional three (3) Crowns.
BURST AMBASSADOR NETWORK
Within the Program, Dental Offices and BURST Ambassadors can voluntarily connect with each other, creating a program member network (the “Network”), which links together their Program accounts.
With the mutual consent of the respective Dental Office and BURST Ambassador, a Dental Office may add one (1) to five (5) BURST Ambassadors to its Network, and a BURST Ambassador can add one (1) to three (3) Dental Offices to his or her Network. Either party may terminate the Network connections at any time. When a Network connection is terminated, both parties will be notified via email.
All BURST Ambassadors that are connected with a Dental Office Network will receive an equivalent number of Crowns as the Dental Office earns the Crowns for certain purchases made as part of the Retail Sales and Gifting Program. The benefit to BURST Ambassadors is derived from those activities earning Crowns while the Network connection is active, but terminates once the Network connection is terminated by either party.
REDEEMING CROWNS FOR PRODUCTS AND/OR REWARDS
At the close of each calendar month, BURST will review the account of each BURST Ambassador to determine the number of Crowns earned during the eligible monthly period.
All products and/or rewards are provided “AS IS” and carry no warranty. BURST has neither made nor is responsible or liable for any warranty, representation, or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or in law, relative to the products or rewards, including but not limited to their quality. BURST hereby disclaims all implied warranties, including without limitation, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, and noninfringement.
Each BURST Ambassador is solely responsible for all federal, state, local, or other applicable taxes associated with the acceptance and use of a product or reward under the Program.
SUBSCRIPTIONS AND AUTORENEWAL
Certain Products are offered on an automatically renewing subscription basis. You can become a subscriber by purchasing a subscription that renews every ninety (90) days from the Site. As a subscriber, after the last day of your first 90-day term, and again after any subsequent renewal term, your subscription will automatically renew and continue for an additional 90-day renewal term and Your Payment Method on file will be charged Burst’s then-current price for such subscription. You, as a subscriber, agree that your Account will be subject to this automatic renewal feature until you cancel your subscription. The length of your subscription renewal term and the amount of your subscription renewal fee may change if you change your subscription options or if we change our pricing (with notice to you). You can cancel your subscription at any time but to avoid charges for your next scheduled subscription renewal term, you must cancel on or before 11:59 p.m. (Pacific Time) on the last day of your then-current subscription term. To change or cancel your subscription, please contact Burst at email@example.com or log in to your “My Account” page on the Site and use the “My Subscriptions” menu tools. If you cancel your subscription, you will not be eligible for a prorated refund of any portion of the subscription fee paid for the then-current subscription term. By subscribing, you authorize Burst to charge your Payment Method immediately for your first term, and again at the beginning of each subsequent subscription renewal term, until you cancel. Upon renewal of your subscription, if Burst does not receive payment from your Payment Provider, (i) you agree to pay all amounts due on your Account upon demand, and/or (ii) you agree that Burst may either terminate or suspend your subscription and continue to attempt to charge your Payment Method until payment is received (upon receipt of payment, your Account will be activated and for purposes of automatic renewal, your new subscription term will begin as of the day payment was received).
BURST CONTENT AND CREATIVE ASSETS
BURST may grant BURST Ambassadors access to certain content through the BURST App or otherwise to assist in promoting or selling the BURST products (“Promotional Content”). BURST hereby grants a non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicenseable license to Brand Ambassadors to use the Promotional Content solely for the purpose of selling or promoting the BURST products or promoting BURST in accordance with these Ambassador Terms. BURST Ambassadors shall not use or permit the use of the Promotional Content for any other purpose, nor shall they (1) alter or modify it in any way or create derivative works from it without advance written permission from BURST or (2) use it in connection or conjunction with other content that BURST in its sole discretion deems inappropriate. As between BURST and BURST Ambassadors, all intellectual property and other proprietary rights in and to the Promotional Content are and shall be owned by BURST and/or its licensors. BURST may revoke this license at any time in its sole discretion. Upon revocation of the license, termination of these Terms or your Ambassador relationship with BURST, you shall immediately cease using and displaying the Promotional Content.
Any Qualifying Purchases or Crowns that cannot be verified to the satisfaction of BURST are subject to adjustment, cancellation, disqualification, or revocation at our sole discretion.
BURST will not be liable for the failure of any Crowns to be accurately issued or redeemed for any reason, including, but not limited to, any technical malfunction or other problems relating to any network, computer system, servers, access providers, computer equipment or software.
Without notice to you, BURST also reserves the right to “unregister" a Program account that is inactive and cause that Program account to be ineligible for the Program. An inactive Program account is defined as a BURST account that has not earned or redeemed Crowns for one year. In the event that your Program account is unregistered due to inactivity, then you will no longer be eligible for Program benefits, including earning Crowns or redeeming accumulated Crowns as products and/or rewards. You may reactivate your Program account by obtaining and using a new Personal Code, but any Crowns earned prior to your program account being deemed inactive will be forfeited and void.
RIGHT TO CANCEL PROGRAM AND CHANGE TERMS
BURST RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MODIFY AND/OR TERMINATE THE PROGRAM AND/OR MODIFY ALL OR ANY PORTION OF THESE AMBASSADOR TERMS OR ANY POLICY PERTAINING TO THE PROGRAM AT ANY TIME AND IN OUR SOLE DISCRETION, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE RIGHT TO DISCONTINUE OR CHANGE ANY PROGRAM BENEFITS OR EXPIRATION DATES FOR CROWNS AND RELATED CODES RECEIVED THROUGH THE PROGRAM, MERGE THE PROGRAM WITH ANOTHER REWARDS PROGRAM, OR TO ADJUST HOW CROWNS ARE EARNED, CALCULATED OR REDEEMED. IT IS POSSIBLE THAT YOU MAY BE UNABLE TO REDEEM ACCUMULATED CROWNS AS A RESULT OF FUTURE PROGRAM CHANGES OR IF WE DISCONTINUE THE PROGRAM OR MERGE THE PROGRAM INTO ANOTHER REWARDS PROGRAM. IF WE MAKE CHANGES, WE WILL POST THE AMENDED AMBASSADOR TERMS TO OUR WEBSITE AND UPDATE THE “LAST UPDATED” DATE ABOVE. WE MAY ALSO ATTEMPT TO NOTIFY YOU IN OTHER WAYS. UNLESS WE SAY OTHERWISE, THE AMENDED AMBASSADOR TERMS WILL BE EFFECTIVE IMMEDIATELY AND YOUR CONTINUED PARTICIPATION IN THE PROGRAM AFTER THE AMENDED AMBASSADOR TERMS ARE POSTED WILL CONFIRM YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THE CHANGES. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THE AMENDED AMBASSADOR TERMS, YOU MUST STOP PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM. CROWNS ARE PROMOTIONAL IN NATURE, DO NOT CONSTITUTE PROPERTY, HAVE NO CASH VALUE, CANNOT BE REDEEMED FOR CASH OR CASH EQUIVALENTS AND ARE NOT TRANSFERABLE OR ASSIGNABLE FOR ANY REASON. THE PURPORTED SALE, BARTER, TRANSFER OR ASSIGNMENT OF ACCUMULATED CROWNS, OTHER THAN BY BURST, IS STRICTLY PROHIBITED.
If you have any questions about the Program or these Ambassador Terms, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.